Sunday, September 1, 2019

Saturday Commutes - ByTrike

Saturday's Multiple Tracking

I got in several short tricycle rides this day... First, an almost-early morning ride.  I had planned to ride over to the Big City of Cabool MO.  The day was clouded over and cool, but as I neared the departure point from Mountain Grove city limits, the sky seemed to be darkening even more, so I wimped out and decided to call my friend on the cell phone instead of risking getting caught in the rain on good old Route 60.  He was in a talkative mood and I must have sat there at the seldom-visited intersection on the phone for 30- odd minutes.  (I don't like to yack on the phone while  in motion, even though it's not that hard to do on a trike.)
We finally hung up and I got rolling again, again with the idea of making a 6 - 10 mile run.
Howsomever, I noted the on-dash clock time and thought about our increasing need for us to get our master bathroom finished and set up again so I took a rather short but enjoyable couple of turns toward home and arrived back with a tad over 3 miles on the GPS log.  Oh Well.
Instead of putting the trike away inside the garage, I left it parked outside next to the Ford Exploder in case I needed to make any runs for materials or whatever.
(Ford is on the Left, Catrike is on the Right)
This turned out to be a good thing since I made 3 or so more runs across the tracks to get nails, liquid nails, screws, and odd pieces of this and that  which don't get remembered sufficiently to get it all in just one trip.
Then, for the rest of the day, multiple bending, twisting, kneeling, cutting, sanding, banging, gluing, re-cutting, yada, yada.... such stuff was much mo fun 20-30 years ago when my joints weren't so grumpy about being abused.
Every now and again, I needed more stuff, and off I'd go on the trike.

A run to the lumber store at 11:00 AM
Total Mileage .80 (snicker)

Another run to the lumber store at 3:00 PM
Total Mileage .78 (doublesnicker)

Try as I might to make better progress, I was not able to accomplish getting the bathroom finished sufficiently to install the new toilet.  Wet paint on door jambs and trim that refused to dry, etc, etc.
So for another two nights it looks like we'll be making the long trek from our bedroom to the hall bathroom for middle-of-the-night potty breaks. (Two nights since I refuse to do slave labor on Sundays, especially on a commode!)

Early Morning:
1st Ride Started:   9:21 AM     1st Ride Ended: 10:35 AM
Beginning Battery Voltage:  13.8  Ending Battery Voltage:  12.9   Lowest Voltage:  12.9
Beginning Blood Glucose:  77      Ending BG: 84
Lowest Temp:  64 F    Highest Temp:  71  F
Stats from the GPS:  Total Miles:  5.2
Distance Walked: 1/2 mile
Overall Average Speed       Moving Avg          Max Speed
  2.9 
MPH                              6.3 MPH              16.2 MPH
Total Trip Time                   Moving Time        Stopped  Time
 1 hour 10 mins
                   33 minutes           37 minutes



No comments:

Post a Comment