Thursday, April 21, 2011

Great Ride, Pleasant Scenery

Wind was again not a big problem this morning:  Barely noticeable.  Yesterday I noticed when I hit the numerous bumps and cracks and wooden teeth-rattler bridges, the rear tire felt a bit soft.  Sharp  stops and turns provided an uncomfortably "squishy" feel.   So when I got home last night I decided it was time to check the air pressure and top off the tire pressure in both wheels.  I have a small "portable" air compressor with wheels and a small tank with about 30 feet of air hose.  Normally I have to drag it across our sloping, rocky, unpaved driveway, always in danger of jerking my back out of whack.  As I contemplated this, as I drove up to the house last night, it occurred to  me I might just back the car up to the edge of the deck where the compressor sits close to its electrical power outlet.  This I did, and since we own the place and rarely have visitors, after airing up the tires, I just left the car parked right there, butt up against the deck, all night.  The rear tire must have a slow leak since it has been only a few days since I remounted this tube and tire on this particular wheel because of the broken spoke in the other one.

I "ran out of gas" again this morning as I got down to the last 2 miles of the commute.  For some reason my blood sugar was high last night when I got home but stayed very low the rest of the night (after changing my insulin pump infusion site).  The pump noodle must be in a hot spot in my belly, it sure keeps the BG low there.  I got a bit woozy on the commute but didn't want to stop, but got so weak I had to stop and break out an oatmeal/chocolate chip power bar,  After opeing the wrapper I continued pedaling, munching the bar as I rode.  Should have stopped sooner, evidently, since the blood sugar was still low (with no pumping) when I got to work.
Awakening BG:   59  Post-Ride BG:  87 (after eating power bar 10 minutes earlier while riding)
Morning Stats from the GPS:                 Total Miles:  7.46
Overall average speed      Moving Avg         Max Speed
09.6  Mph                          10.9 mph             20.4 mph
Total Trip time                   Moving Time       Stopped Time
46:31 mins                          41:04 mins            05:26 mins

No comments:

Post a Comment