Friday, April 1, 2011

Wonderful Prelude to a Windy Weekend

I left work early because we were attending a temple sealing ceremony for a family with whom we've
been friends for years.  Left work about 3:40 PM (thank goodness for comp time) and arrived at the car by 4:36 PM.  I left the video cam running during the commute and passed several cyclists and walkers, and at one point passed a woman standing just off the path and her "guy" further off the path, up against a cinder block wall lining someone's back yard.  Just as I passed them I realized he was peeing against the wall, ignoring passers-by such as myself, with his wife looking a bit distressed at the whole idea.  I "tsk-Tsk-Tsk'ed" him as I rode by, and laughed aloud a few feet further on, thinking that could have been an interesting picture .... Wait a minute...  The video cam WAS running all this time, and sure enough when I got home to look at the video clips, there they were..... but as I passed him at the angle displaying full exposure, the camera was dutifully viewing straight ahead, missing the unzipped-pants view entirely.  Which is just as well.  I have no business publishing someone's path-potty episode:  I've had to do the same thing a few times, but try for areas with shrubbery and other things to block the view.  Along these trails there are no stores, just fenced backyard walls, if that.  The only "facilities" consist of an occasional park bench every several miles.  Big Whoop.  When you gotta go, you gotta go.....
Starting BG:  90-something       At-the-Car arrival BG:  95 
Afternoon Stats from the GPS:                       Total Miles:  7.44
Overall average speed      Moving Avg         Max Speed
10.9  Mph                          11.5 mph             22.6 mph
Total Trip time                   Moving Time       Stopped Time
40:59 mins                          38:41 mins            02:18 mins  

The weather guessers are forecasting a miserable weekend with wind and slight possibility of rain.  We'd all welcome the rain in hopes the current drought will ease.  For today, it was a great balmy morning that required almost no cold weather gear.  I wore the light jacket and windbreaker but had to unzip them and open them to onrushing air to keep my belly button (and armpits, ugh) cooler.
I'm quite a bit more impressed with my cheapie DV005 sport-cam after catching yesterday's nasty bus driver in motion.  That was pretty much what I WANTED a live-cam for... to catch "incidents" on the fly and without being obvious that I was filming the action.  My cell phone actually takes much better photos and videos BUT it is not easy riding a bike, seeing something in progress, stopping the bike and getting off, digging out the phone, and activating the camera functions, etc, etc, as well as being patently obvious as to what I'm doing.
Our bulletin board crew here at work featured me as "April Fool Rider of the Month" today.  It has clips of garbage from this blog.... maybe some wealthy people will notice my gaunt appearance and contribute to my retirement fund in hopes of never seeing me on the bathroom wall again.  (Our company uses "Johnny-Boards" in the hallways and restrooms for bulletin boards.)
Starting BG:  UNK       Post-Ride BG:   95
Morning Stats from the GPS:                       Total Miles:  7.39
Overall average speed      Moving Avg         Max Speed
12.3  Mph                          12.7 mph             22.4 mph
Total Trip time                   Moving Time       Stopped Time
35:58 mins                          35:00 mins            00:58 mins 


No comments:

Post a Comment