Thursday, April 7, 2011

RAIN

Didn't ride the bike today.  It rained all night, a good steady gentle drizzle, that really soaked the earth good and left everything smelling wonderful this morning, but the weather Guesser Steve Stucker forecast dry weather all day in Albuquerque.  Thus I intended to park & ride as usual but when I got off I-40 in Albuquerque it started splattering the windshield with fat rain drops.  It seemed to get heavier as I drove so I decided to wimp out, bag it, and drive all the way to work.  The morning brought some needed rain but it dried up later.  I took my usual 2-mile noon constitutional walk for my half hour lunch break and it started to rain on me about the time I got past the first mile and coming back around the west end of Wildflower Park by Honeywell.  I thought I was going to get soaked, and not complaining about it since we've had such a horrible drought the last 2 months, but it only sprinkled on me for about 10 minutes and then stopped.
Of course this evening when I got off work it was so bright and clear and beautiful I felt stupid for not riding the bike.....

No comments:

Post a Comment