Wednesday, April 20, 2011

More Balloons in the Sky

When I first parked my car this morning and unloaded the bike, there must have been over a dozen hot air balloons in the air floating around and overhead.  The wind was largely absent this morning and this must have inspired a bunch of balloon pilots to take off and enjoy a rare day of gentle ballooning.
As I rode north roughly parallel to I-25 I kept seeing one of the balloons slowly crossing my field of view, and when I got closer to him I was able to film him landing just off the side of the bike trail in an empty field.
As usual, ignore the default date and time in the video.  This actually occurred about 8:15 AM, 20 April 2011:

Awakening BG:  unk  Post-Ride BG:  124
Morning Stats from the GPS:                 Total Miles:  7.50
Overall average speed      Moving Avg         Max Speed
09.6  Mph                          10.4 mph             22.1 mph
Total Trip time                   Moving Time       Stopped Time
46:46 mins                          43:19 mins            03:27 mins

This evening I was surprised to find it was a bit overcast when I came out of the building to saddle up the bike.  It made for a nice cool non-sunburn ride back to the car, with a bit of a headwind.  I felt a lack of strength during this ride, and assumed my blood sugar was low.  Imagine my chagrin to find it was 253 when I got home, with no after-ride snack at all.  Had fish tacos tonight, which are fairly low carb, thankfully.
Starting BG:  176      Back-At-home arrival BG:  253
Afternoon Stats from the GPS:                       Total Miles:  7.44
Overall average speed      Moving Avg         Max Speed
08.6  Mph                          09.2 mph             19.6 mph
Total Trip time                   Moving Time       Stopped Time
51:59 mins                         43:36 mins            03:23 mins

No comments:

Post a Comment