Friday, June 3, 2011

Fun in the Park with Susie

Susie, my #2 of 3 lovely daughters, took me to WildFlower Park next to Honeywell off San Mateo for a pick-a-nick lunch today.  What a nice experience, what a sweetheart to claim for my own flesh and blood.  Does her Daddy proud, I tell you......
Just as we were preparing to leave for to get back to work, a young Dad & Mom (about Susie's age) with 2 little cutie girls, arrived and set up a blanket under  a tree next to us.  As Susie and I stood up and started to walk past them back to Susie's car, I asked the Daddy "How much for the Oldest Girl, there?"
He replied "Oh, about 15 Dollars....."
I started to make a smart reply when the daughter in question chimed in, VERY loudly:  "THIRTY-FIVE DOLLARS!"  She had to be all of about 6 years old.  We all had a belly laugh from that and could think of no appropriate rejoinders.  I told "Miss 35 Dollars" that Susie was MY little girl and that just seemingly a few months ago (like thirty years, actually) she was YOUR age..  WHAT would I GIVE to have had a working VIDEO CAM to capture such an exchange.....  What cuties, and what a nice family.   There is hope for the world yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment