Friday, June 3, 2011

Holy Smokes, BikeMan

Woke up to news of haze everywhere this morning.  Public officials are begging for citizenry  to NOT  call 911 or 311 to report smoke;  their lines have been tied up all night with such.  Call 911 ONLY if you see actual flames somewhere, indicating a fire nearby,  not a hundred miles away in Eastern Arizona.  Looked out the window and it wasn't all that bad, but when I saddled up on the bike and rode for  a few minutes the taste and smell of smoke started to get to me.  It's not as bad as my 2 visits to the Los Angeles basin, where your eyes burn and you choke and cough while trying to breathe the brown air, but......
Great bike ride to work this morning, except for the stinky air.  An hour later I still smell it in my nose as I breathe.  Mercy.
Awakening BG:  124                              Post-Ride BG:  76
Morning Stats from the GPS:                 Total Miles:  8:21? (This is weird.  Same route I always take)
Overall average speed      Moving Avg         Max Speed
8.6  Mph                          11.1 mph             21.6 mph
Total Trip time                   Moving Time       Stopped Time
53:59 mins                          44:57 mins            06:54 mins

No comments:

Post a Comment