Wednesday, June 22, 2011

More Fresh Air and Blue Sky

See Where he is, How Slow he Goes, ETC


Last night after I got back to the car, I was horrified to find the coax antenna connection was separated:  I must not have properly tightened the BNC connectors.  When I checked the aprs.fi tracking link I saw the track only appeared for the first 2/3 of my commute.  I worried that I might have damaged the transmitter in the tracker, an old 2 Meter IC-2AT Icom ham walkie-talkie.  Thankfully, this morning everything seemed to work fine so evidently I did NOT destroy the transmitter on the little APRS pouch.  YAY
We went so many weeks with darkened skies and bitter tainted air smelling like wood smoke from the AZ fire that we all comment on how clear the air is now, etc.  The fires supposedly are still out of control but the winds must have shifted, because life has been MUCH nicer these last several days.
Awakening BG:  UNK                              Post-Ride BG:  98
Morning Stats from the GPS:                 Total Miles:  7.45
Overall average speed      Moving Avg         Max Speed
10.9  Mph                          12.4 mph             22.9 mph
Total Trip time                   Moving Time       Stopped Time
41:00 mins                          36:06 mins           04:54 mins

The Ride Home?  The seemingly ever-present afternoon headwind was a bit stronger today.
 NO BIGGIE
Also no video - I loaned my cheapie DV005 video cam to a co worker friend, Mark K5LXP.  He's wanting to get some fun videos of and from his dogs.  I do wish him luck.  Good results from this cam are hard to come by.
Ran into ANOTHER loonie running ham radio on his bike:  Tim K5DEZ, who lives up near Raven Road on South-14 here in the East Mountains.  Here's HIS Track via APRS
Beginning BG:  124                              Post-Ride BG:  67
Evening Stats from the GPS:                 Total Miles:  7.42
Overall average speed      Moving Avg         Max Speed
09.6  Mph                          11.1 mph             24.1  mph
Total Trip time                   Moving Time       Stopped Time
46:30 mins                        40:08 mins            06:22 mins

No comments:

Post a Comment