Thursday, June 2, 2011

Just another Warm Thursday

Believe it or not, I miss my little cheapie DV005 video cam.  It still works for a few moments;  the battery seems too far gone to hold a charge and keep the cam running much longer than about 5 minutes.  Hopefully the new one I just ordered will arrive soon.
I had a doctor appointment this morning that prevented me from arriving at work until the slovenly hour of 10 AM.  She (cardiologist) gave me a clean bill of health and seemed to think all this bicycling was doing great things for my blood pressure, cholesterol, blood sugar, etc.   I hope all that turns out to be true.  My first wife's Daddy died about a week after getting a similar blessing from his doctor after a physical.
By 10:00 it was very warm, with no cool morning air left at all.
Awakening BG:  159                              Post-Ride BG:  85
Morning Stats from the GPS:                 Total Miles:  7:43
Overall average speed      Moving Avg         Max Speed
11.2  Mph                          14.0 mph             27.5 mph
Total Trip time                   Moving Time       Stopped Time
39:59 mins                          31:55 mins            08:04 mins

Another stiff headwind tonight on the ride back to the car.   Getting tired of wind, but as they say,
it IS exercise, after all, right?
Beginning BG:  132                              Post-Ride BG: 82 (after getting dizzy and eating a power bar)
Evening Stats from the GPS:                 Total Miles:  7.34
Overall average speed      Moving Avg         Max Speed
08.0  Mph                          09.6 mph             21.4  mph
Total Trip time                   Moving Time       Stopped Time
55:36 mins                        46:16 mins            09:20 mins  

No comments:

Post a Comment