Monday, February 14, 2011

Hurray! It's a Warm Monday (relatively)

It was 35 degrees when I woke up this morning at my normal hour of 4:30.  No frost to mess with;  nice.
Didn't even wear my ski mask when I saddled up the bike this morning, and only used 1 chemical warmer in each mitten.... could have done even without that this morning.
Stopped to get a Valentine Card for my sweetie, I hoped at the hour of 7:00 AM they wouldn't have run out yet (I bought Jacque some tulips Friday night after work - They were already OUT of roses)
There were still a lot of valentine cards to choose from, but we tend to enjoy the musical ones.  The only ones they had this morning were so irritating and stupid that even I didn't want any.  Silent valentine card this year....

Overall average speed      Moving Avg         Max Speed
  9.9  Mph                           11.7 mph            21.9 mph
Total Trip time                   Moving Time       Stopped Time
45:01 mins                          38.16 mins         06:45 mins
A few years ago I found a very old photograph of my Grandfather Clarence Melval Devenport's parents and family.  He wasn't in the photo, he was already punching cows for somebody, maybe already in New Mexico by then.  The picture surprised me because it is a fairly typical photo of a late 1890's flatland Texas ranch
setting, but the photo shows 2 or 3 bicycles leaning against the fence.  Evidently they rode bikes in addition to horses.... I will scan it and post it here soon.  Cool stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment