Thursday, February 10, 2011

Thursday, Still Cold

I had trouble with my motivation getting out of the warm car and saddling up the bike.  Loading the stuff on it, putting on all the extra cold weather gear, etc, is the least fun part of the bike commute thing.
BUT, I have found that I do not feel as energized or alive on days that I don't ride or get some kind of decent exercise.  So I rode anyway.  I dug out an extra wool face sock, which I didn't use this morning, and instead of my normal "safety glasses" I use for biking, I used my new $20 Sams Club Orange Tinted Ski Goggles, which have a foam gasket that helps keep the wind off my eyeballs, upper nose, and cheeks.  That helped a lot.

Yesterday was so cold the wind gave me a freeze headache, and my eye sockets and surrounding cheeks and skin just absolutely ached so much I had to pedal slow to keep the wind speed into my face a little slower.... which helped the face but made the rest of me colder since I wasn't generating as much body heat.
Morning Stats from the GPS:
Overall average speed    Moving Avg         Max Speed

 8.5 Mph                                 10.4 mph            20.2 mph
Total Trip time                   Moving Time       Stopped Time
52.26 mins                             42.56 mins         09.30 mins

No comments:

Post a Comment