Monday, February 7, 2011

Took a Fall on the Ice tonight

Had a good ride from work back to the car tonight, that is, until I hit that patch of ice just west of Washington where the bike path dips just east of the North Diversion Channel junction.  I slowed down and was carefully navingating across the ice but just 2 feet shy of dry pavement my wheels slipped out from under me and I went down.  Since I wasn't going at any speed it wasn't a hard fall, just embarrassing.  Will have to walk the bike across or around such obstacles in the future.
Tonight's statistics:
Overall average speed    Moving Avg         Max Speed
7.5 Mph                                9.7 mph                     22 mph
Total Trip time                   Moving Time       Stopped Time
59.45 mins                             46.02 mins         13.43 mins

No comments:

Post a Comment