Monday, February 7, 2011

Monday 7 Feb Morning Commute

A bit frosty this morning.  Put 2 chemical hand warmers in each ski mitten when I got up so they would be good and warm when I mounted the bike later on the way to work.
Morning Stats from the GPS:

Overall average speed    Moving Avg         Max Speed
9.6 Mph                                 10.6 mph            21.8 mph
Total Trip time                   Moving Time       Stopped Time
47:07 mins                             42.37 mins         2:51 mins
I was not delighted to find ice patches on the bike trail:  At the west facing dip just west of Washington on the Hahn Arroyo Trail, on the bike underpasses beneath Paseo and Alameda, and a few other spots I can't recall.
I didn't slip but I slowed way down and coasted across the ice where I couldn't find a narrow dry path around it.  There were several other cyclists commuting this morning, the usual lot.  I recognize them by their getups but I don't know any of their names. 
Here's my usual favorite gps-track link for my bike radio:
http://aprs.fi/w5aox-6

No comments:

Post a Comment