Thursday, February 24, 2011

TGIT (Thank God It's Thursday)

On my way through the north end of Baloon Fiesta Park this evening, I was startled to hear out of the blue:  "On your LEFT!"  He was already PASSING me by then, and I almost veered into him as he whooshed by.  It's a toss-up with hotshot speed kings.  You hear of cyclists getting offended by others calling out or the hard-to-hear but irritating bicycle bells, But I much prefer the risk of giving or getting offense to the risk of collisions.  In this case it would have been preferable for him to call out a few feet at least BEFORE he was directly next to me pouring on the coal.  Maybe he did and I just didn't hear him, who knows.
I like the on-the trail pictures and videos but am tiring of trying to do it one-handed with a cell phone trying to fall out of my grip.  So I'm cogitating about mounting one of our digital cameras on a home made helmet or handlebar bracket.  I doubt mounting one on the handlebars (or anywhere else on the bike) will provide anything but fuzzy vibrating pictures.  Plus, with the contraption mounted on my helmet, the camera can point where I turn my head, just like my helmet-mounted headlamp.
BG before ride home:  180   BG after getting home, no snack yet:  127
Evening stats from the GPS:    Total Distance Miles:  7.45
Overall average speed     Moving Avg      Max Speed
9.4  Mph                            10.4 mph            20.6 mph
Total Trip time                Moving Time     Stopped Time
  47:20 mins                       43:10 mins          04:10 mins

No comments:

Post a Comment