Wednesday, February 23, 2011

wednesday wild ride

Actually, it wasn't wild at all.  Just cold enough to keep me bundled up but a beautiful clear sunny day to go for a bike ride in the city/county.  Maybe one of these days I'll take a vacation day and just ride around all day, riding trails I haven't been on yet, stopping when I get tired/hungry, etc.
For years when I rode the North Diversion Channel Trail, I would encounter at least 2 separate Road Runner birds along the path.  For the last few months I haven't seen any, but the last 3 or 4 days have seen one popping out of the weeds along the trail just south of the Montgomery underpass.  I tried to get the cell / fuzzy camera out to take his picture but he couldn't be bothered to wait long enough for me.  I also tried again to get video of me crossing wooden plank-surfaced bridges so we'll see if that actually worked this time.
I find the video, not bad, on the fuzzy phone cam, but it sez TOO BIG to send via email.  Looking for a cable.. GRRR
I found a GREAT photo in my phone that I took on the bike:
Isn't that a great picture of my finger??  NO?  If you had X-Ray Vision you might be able to see Mr. Roadrunner right behind the finger... just call me While.  As in While E. Coyote....
There was a cyclist clobbered by a car this morning at Juan Tabo and Mountain Road.  The cyclist is in the hospital in critical condition.  Sure hope he recovers.  Very sad....
Morning Stats from the GPS:                       Total Miles:  7.45
Overall average speed      Moving Avg         Max Speed
  07.5  Mph                          10.5 mph             21.1 mph
Total Trip time                   Moving Time       Stopped Time
59:49 mins                          42:35 mins            17:13 mins

No comments:

Post a Comment