Thursday, February 10, 2011

Warming Up, nice evening ride

I stopped along the trail  to play with the GPS (I wish it would display current time while riding) and a roller-blader passed me.  I got going and came up behind him but found he kept matching my speed and I had trouble  passing him.  I rode alongside him for about half a mile and we talked... he claimed he had made 38 MPH on his rollers during sprints.  That's almost 10 MPH faster than I'VE ever gone on my BIKE, even downhill.  He said he was running slow tonight because he had no headlight (he had blinkies on his ankles).  After I passed him, he drafted me for a couple miles, keeping up with me easily by just following my blinky tail light.
Amazing.  He works at Presbyterian and evidently keeps in good shape rollerblading...

Evening stats from the GPS:
Overall average speed     Moving Avg      Max Speed
8.7  Mph                         10.9 mph          22.3 mph
Total Trip time                Moving Time     Stopped Time
51:05 mins                     41.02 mins         10.03 mins

No comments:

Post a Comment